Join the Alchemmy Team
Life at Alchemmy
Alchemmy was founded to be a different type of consultancy, one that you’ll enjoy working with, that works in the best interests of our clients, and wants to have fun in doing so.
We believe in making a real difference to our clients and our people; we achieve this by fostering genuine and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, formed on trust and an approach underpinned by our core values of doing the right thing, succeeding together and being ambitious. This allows us and our clients to see the real value we create by working together.
Through the strength of our partnerships, we know our clients and we’re there to give the tailored support they need. We draw on the diversity and wealth of our experience and our clients’ deep knowledge of their business to solve their most complex problems.
Working from our new offices in Holborn, we serve clients based predominantly in London and the South East, but there are opportunities for travel too.
Your Career at Alchemmy
We look for talented and ambitious individuals who want to make a real difference to their clients and colleagues. As part of the Alchemmy team, you can expect to:
· Make a tangible difference to our clients, our people and our community
· Receive real investment in your personal development and wellbeing
· Develop your skills through personalised training, coaching, and feedback
· Be trusted to deliver and gain exposure to senior clients across different industries
· Make a real contribution to the development of the company and feel pride in its success
· Be measured on outputs and feel appreciated for the value you bring
· Have fun whilst working, make genuine friendships built on helping others succeed
Our grade structure is Analyst, Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Principal, Associate Director and Director, and career progression is based on experience and ability.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus, plus benefits including pension contributions, medical and dental cover. Everyone has 25 days' holiday plus additional 'gift' holidays on your birthday and at Christmas. We promote a healthy work-life balance for all employees.
Learning & Development
From the moment you join, you will be on a guided programme of professional development comprising formal training, on-the-job coaching, and mentoring. We treat every project, task, or conversation as an opportunity to learn.
Monthly Consultant Development Workshops are the backbone of our development programme for Analysts and Consultants, with a blend of classroom and role-based learning. We also hold fortnightly KIP (Knowledge is Power) sessions for everybody to share knowledge, discuss topics of interest, shape ideas and create solutions to common challenges.
You will be assigned a counselling manager to help you identify and achieve your development objectives. Your engagement managers on projects will give personalised coaching and mentoring. The fun, open, honest and safe environment we cultivate helps you to both give and receive feedback to accelerate your development and encourages others to grow too.
Analysts at Alchemmy were asked were to indicate their experience levels out of 10. In total there were just over 30 fields and these were the 10 highest scoring areas:
Corporate Social Responsibility
We care a great deal about trying to make a difference in the communities where we work. We organise company-wide events to work within our local community, and we also give you time to pursue your own volunteering projects.
Alchemmy is committed to supporting local communities and on 29 June the Alchemmy Team visited local secondary schools across London to run business workshops with students.
The workshops were well received by year 9 business students at Lambeth Academy. Maria Kotocova (Careers and Higher Education Coordinator) expressed that the students were ‘really well engaged and [you] could tell they were enjoying the [workshop] sessions very much. It was such a great way to [for the students to] practise some key skills they will need in their future’. Maria summarised stating she loved watching the students ‘applying their own experience as consumers to solving problems from the perspective of business owners’.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and recruit solely on suitability for the position irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Who We Are Looking For
We recruit people from varied backgrounds, and we value diversity of experience and perspective. We also look for people who share our values including:
· Being highly ambitious and contributing to tasks with energy and enthusiasm
· Having a strong track record of involvement in high performing teams, and enjoying helping others succeed
· Doing the right thing, acting with integrity and thriving on taking personal and professional responsibility
· Fostering a fun, open, honest and safe environment
· Positivity, with a desire to understand how things work and to make them work better
· Agility in responding to client opportunities
· Thriving in challenging environments
We work across a number of sectors including Aviation, Finance & Insurance, Legal, Automotive & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Rail and Technology but are open to hearing about your relevant experience in other sectors too.
Our grades are Analyst, Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Principal, Associate Director and Director.
We are looking for Analysts to work on engagements with new and existing clients, and deliver high quality work, build and grow relationships and play an important role in the growth of our business.
As an Analyst, you will be expected to:
· Develop positive and professional working relationships with client peers and colleagues
· Contribute confidently in meetings and build skills in facilitation
· Use written communication to clearly and effectively present information, ideas and approaches
· Effectively and efficiently use standard desktop tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.
· Gather, compile and analyse data in a logical and efficient manner
· Contribute to problem solving by suggesting appropriate ideas for options and recommendations
· Develop core consulting skills through training and / or other development channels
· Deliver appropriately structured deliverables without significant guidance
· Support internal initiatives
We are looking for Consultants to work on engagements with new and existing clients, and deliver high quality work, build and grow relationships and play an important role in the growth of our business. Consultants should have experience in one or more of our core service line offerings of Customer Experience Transformation, Digital Transformation and Operational Transformation.
As a Consultant, you will be expected to:
· Build positive working relationships internally and with senior stakeholders
· Be comfortable leading meetings with senior clients and facilitating workshops
· Understand the Alchemmy business development processes
· Be able to prioritise client and internal work appropriately
· Develop and deliver presentations to clearly and effectively present information, ideas and approaches
· Execute own work effort with minimal supervision using standard desktop tools
· Contribute to complex problem solving by suggesting alternative and potential solutions
· Plan your own work, reporting progress and delivering efficiency and effectively
We are looking for Senior Consultants to work on engagements with new and existing clients, and deliver high quality work, build and grow relationships, develop our people and play an important role in the growth of our business. Senior Consultants should have experience in one or more of our core service line offerings of Customer Experience Transformation, Digital Transformation and Operational Transformation.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to:
· Lead a workstream or project and apply good project management skills
· Mentor and coach junior colleagues to assist with their self-development
· Develop positive and professional relationships with client peers and senior management
· Lead regular communications with senior clients, tailoring your messages to influence
· Prepare and coordinate development of quality deliverables
· Plan and facilitate brainstorming and knowledge sharing sessions and workshops
· Start to identify opportunities with existing clients and contribute to proposals and pitches
· Align tasks to skills and development opportunities across the team and take ownership for the quality of the team’s deliverables
· Take responsibility and have a direct impact both internally and externally
How To Apply
For all careers enquiries, please email your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agents, sorry.
Alchemmy is an employer of choice for talented, diverse individuals who want to make a difference. We believe that having a diverse team helps us grow our strengths and skills, and is essential to enable the company to achieve its vision and growth. We value diversity of experience and perspective, where different approaches to challenges mean we can all learn from each other and deliver better value for clients.
High Holborn House (4th floor)
52 - 54 High Holborn