Introduction and what’s in this policy?
Who we are and how we look after your privacy?
Alchemmy Consulting Ltd, registered in the United Kingdom, Company number 08155893.
You can get more information about how we use your personal data or make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, calling +44 (0)207 112 865 or by contacting:
Data Protection Officer
High Holborn House (4th floor)
52-54 High Holborn
London WC1V 6RL
Why do we process your personal information and what is our lawful basis to do so?
Depending on your relationship with the company, Alchemmy may rely on different reasons to process your personal information.
Consent: We rely on you giving consent for Alchemmy to process your data if you subscribe to any newsletters or marketing material.
Contractual obligation: If you are a client, partner, supplier or contractor of Alchemmy’s, we may need to process your personal data to fulfil contractual requirements.
Legal compliance: There might be instances where we are required by law to collect and process your data.
Legitimate interest: In specific circumstances, we might need to process your personal data to conduct legitimate business activities. These activities are limited to areas that can be reasonably expected for us to continue running our operations. These do not impact your rights, freedoms or interests as a data subject. For example, we process your personal data if you apply for a position at Alchemmy.
When do we collect your personal information?
For the majority of cases, the personal information we process has been provided to us directly by you. This may be by one of the following methods:
· You have applied for a role at Alchemmy
· You wish to, or have attended an event hosted by us
· You have booked a meeting with us
· You have signed up to receive marketing material or newsletters
· You are representing your organisations as a client, partner, supplier or contractor
· You have contacted us by any means regarding an enquiry or complaint, this includes via social media
In some circumstances, we receive your personal information indirectly:
What type of personal information do we collect?
· Details of interactions you have with us through any form of correspondence
· Contact details including your name, email address and telephone number
· Copies of documents you provide to prove your identity or right to work in the UK or any other country and CVs as required by our employment, partner or contractor terms
· Financial and governmental information required to perform a contract. This includes information such as bank accounts details, P45, National Insurance number
When and with whom do we share your personal details?
Individuals signed up to receive marketing material:
Alchemmy will always keep your personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Alchemmy stores all of its information within the European Economic Area (EEA). To deliver engagement objectives for some projects, it is occasionally necessary to share your personal information with trusted partners. Should any partner store data outside of the EEA, Alchemmy will inform the client prior to the transfer.
For employment applications:
When sharing your personal data, we follow the below set of rules:
· We only share the information required by the partner or third party to perform their specific service
· We work closely with our partners and third parties to ensure your data is always properly protected
· If we cease to conduct business with our partners or their parties, all your personal data held by them will be returned to Alchemmy, permanently erased or made anonymous
Examples of who we share your personal details with:
· IT providers who support our website and other key business systems
· Marketing companies who help us to manage our electronic communication with you
· As required by law or other government body, these are special cases which will be reviewed on an individual basis
As an employee, partner or contractor:
· All the examples listed under “General” as well as:
o Operational support companies such as accountancy providers, pension providers
Your data protection rights:
You have a number of rights which you can exercise freely at any time during your relationship with Alchemmy. Some of these rights are dependent on the reason for processing your personal information. To discuss or exercise your rights, contact our Data Protection Officer.
Your rights when sharing personal data with us include:
· Have access to and receive a copy of your personal information stored by Alchemmy
· Asking us to amend or delete your personal information
· Asking us to restrict or object to the use of your personal information
· Withdrawing our permission to use your personal information (removal of consent)
o In this instance, your previous consent will stay valid for our previous use of your information and for communications sent prior to your request
· Complaining to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you object to how we use your personal information - you can find more information at https://ico.org.uk/
How long do we keep your data?
For recipients of marketing material:
If you have opted to receive marketing material or any newsletters, we will keep sending you information until you opt out.
Personal details of individuals representing a company are classified as corporate contacts and retained for 10 years unless otherwise required in the engagement terms.
For employment applicants:
If you have applied for a position at Alchemmy, we will keep your personal data for 1 year after your last interview date. If you are offered and accept a position, this data will be retained for the duration stated in your contract.
There may be instances where we are required by law to retain information for longer than our default retention period, any legal requirement will always supersede our retention time.